Fakku's Unofficial Metal Thread

Pages 1234Next
Much like Fakku's Unofficial Techno Thread, this is going to be a general thread to post any song considered metal.

All subgenres and fusion genres are allowed.
For example, alternative metal and metalcore are fusion genres that are acceptable.

Anything not metal will be reported to be removed from this thread.

I will also link all threads about metal here, so you can look at specific threads to check out the music there. If I'm missing any, just point it out and I'll add them.

Threads Of Metal

[b]Edits

*I'm too lazy to update front page list of songs, so I'm taking it out
Kind of Important A ray of Tsunlight.
Well, I figure someone has to kick this off. I'll list a couple of albums I have recently found, or have been recently released that fellow enjoyers of metal may like. I know there are a decent number of folk who do like metal or it's sub-genres, so I imagine someone will have something to add eventually.

First up:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1605595-65UK2N1.jpg

Demotional
State: In Denial.
Spoiler:

This is standard Melodeath. Or if you want to be pedantic about the genre names 'Modern Melodic Death Metal'. Think along the lines of Scar Symmetry, Dark Tranquility or even earlier Children of Bodom (Their newer stuff is 'meh' in my opinion.) I'm not going to say this is the best album ever, but the songs are solid, the vocals, guitars and drums are very well done, without one or another overbearing the others.

Next:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1605606-MRYVSHJ.jpg

Breach the Void
The Monochromatic Era
Spoiler:

Really really good Industrial Metal. (Pedantic genre: 'Modern Industrial/Melodic Death Metal')

Basically, this band (Which originally was called Etna if memory serves) is what Sybreed would be if they kept up and expanded on the aggressive debut album Slave Design. The drummer who created this band actually played on Slave Design, which explains the similar style. I'm rather biased towards Industrial Metal, as Fear Factory was the band that got me started on the heavier kinds of metal. The drumming on this album is a high point, as it dominates every song with the way they're mixed, while not completely drowning out the rest.

I'm in the process of tracking down the latest album from Heaven Shall Burn, called Veto. They're a mix between Melodeath and Metalcore. But I haven't listened to it yet, so I can't really say anything of it. Their last few albums have been really good though, so high hopes for this.

From their album Iconoclast.
Spoiler:
Kind of Important wrote...
Next:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1605606-MRYVSHJ.jpg

Breach the Void
The Monochromatic Era
Spoiler:

Really really good Industrial Metal. (Pedantic genre: 'Modern Industrial/Melodic Death Metal')

Basically, this band (Which originally was called Etna if memory serves) is what Sybreed would be if they kept up and expanded on the aggressive debut album Slave Design. The drummer who created this band actually played on Slave Design, which explains the similar style. I'm rather biased towards Industrial Metal, as Fear Factory was the band that got me started on the heavier kinds of metal. The drumming on this album is a high point, as it dominates every song with the way they're mixed, while not completely drowning out the rest.

I haven't heard of this band before, but after listening to the linked song I will probably get the album and listen to it. It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite metal bands, Fear Factory (I wonder why), with its aggression and use of electronics.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Fear Factory remains one of my favorite bands. Despite the fact that they've become a duo with their latest album. The sound is still just what I want and expect out of 'em.

The album Mechanize was really good, kinda hearkening back to Demanufacture with the crazy and constant double bass in almost every song. But, The Industrialist is superior in almost every way I think. As they almost went back to the concept-album type of writing that Demanufacture, Digimortal and even Archetype followed. As usual I'm eagerly awaiting their next effort.

Also, if you did like Breach the Void, be sure to check out Sybreed as well (Whom I mentioned up above). They're on a different side of the industrial metal genre, but I've been a fan of theirs ever since their debut album back in 2004. They invest in the electronic area more than FF and Breach do. But the drumming is always top-tier (Dirk Verbeuren was session drummer on their second album Antares to boot) the guitarist is pretty much the best around, and the vocals are usually distorted to give that electornic-y feel. Good stuff really, just different.
NEXUS Since 2010
I think I'll add to this thread as well.

Thrash Metal
Spoiler:

Crossover Thrash Metal
Spoiler:

Industrial Metal
Spoiler:
NightWish, with their last album and the album compilation before that.

They're a more symphonic metal kind of band.
Spoiler:

Lordi,more satanic metal but still quite soft compared to other bands.

Spoiler:
Architects, my favourite band.

Mathcore/Metalcore

Some of their older tracks (from Ruin):
Spoiler:

Save me is probably my favourite track behind Always:

Tracks from their objectively best album (Hollow Crown):
Spoiler:

My favourite song on the album:

Tracks from their latest album (Daybreaker):
Spoiler:

They're doing a reissue of their latest album with a new song which they uploaded to their channel literally 40 minutes or so ago:

Listen to their albums Ruin, Hollow Crown and Daybreaker. Nightmares was their first album with their first vocalist, Matt Johnson, definitely worth the listen, it's amazing. All albums after Nightmares are with Sam Carter. The Here and Now isn't worth the time.
Glad someone made this thread, I'de been thinking about doing it myself for a while now. The music section was way too lacking in metal!

Any power metal fans out there? I've been rediscovering my love for it recently...well certain bands anyways, unfortunately, some power metal is just too cheesy sounding for me to enjoy.. Anyways here's one of the bands I've been listening to a lot lately. Swedish power metal band Bloodbound.

Spoiler:

devsonfire 3,000,000th Poster
yurixhentai wrote...
Spoiler:

Mathcore/Metalcore

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

They're doing a reissue of their latest album with a new song which they uploaded to their channel literally 40 minutes or so ago:

Listen to their albums Ruin, Hollow Crown and Daybreaker. Nightmares was their first album with their first vocalist, Matt Johnson, definitely worth the listen, it's amazing. All albums after Nightmares are with Sam Carter. The Here and Now isn't worth the time.

Some taste you have there bro *brofist*.

Yuri and a few others may know this, but my favourite Metalcore band would be Parkway Drive.
They have got a few albums and a joint EP with I Killed The Prom Queen.

Their second hits at the moment.

The first hits from the latest album.

See if you all like this. Their previous albums are worth listening to, but by far their latest is the best.
Deafheaven? Deafheaven.
Spoiler:

Liturgy (Ignore hunters manifesto):
Spoiler:

If you haven't heard of Sarcafago by now, I have no idea what you've been doing with your life:
Spoiler:
Excellent thread. I look forward to seeing this expand.

Samūm "Walking Across Jupiter (Progressive/Instrumental)
Spoiler:

Meshuggah "Break Those Bones Whose Sinews Gave It Motion" (Progressive)
Spoiler:

Periphery "Icarus Lives" (Progressive)
Spoiler:

That old and forgotten Stoner/doom thread

Missing this, and here's a few more nice tunes.

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/7B7u5nHQ2W0.*?[/youtube]

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/r-YH6xvM7gE.*?[/youtube]

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/FqGOy6YapVw.*?[/youtube]
Chlor wrote...

Thank you for the thread link; added to OP.

Gubi wrote...

Spoiler:

I believe that's hard rock rather than heavy metal; and yes, there is a difference.
GiantBeardedFace wrote...
Chlor wrote...

Thank you for the thread link; added to OP.

Gubi wrote...

Spoiler:

I believe that's hard rock rather than heavy metal; and yes, there is a difference.

Good point. Shoud've put it somewhere else.
devsonfire wrote...
yurixhentai wrote...
Spoiler:

Mathcore/Metalcore

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Some taste you have there bro *brofist*.

Yuri and a few others may know this, but my favourite Metalcore band would be Parkway Drive.
They have got a few albums and a joint EP with I Killed The Prom Queen.

Spoiler:

Their second hits at the moment.

The first hits from the latest album.

See if you all like this. Their previous albums are worth listening to, but by far their latest is the best.

Haha, thanks, they are awesome. They've actually toured with Parkway Drive a few times. Looks like I need to give Atlas a listen if you think it's that good, I certainly like what I've heard from it so far.

Also love IKTPQ. Your Shirt Would Look Better with a Columbian Neck–tie has always been my favourite track from them. Going to post it for people to listen:
Spoiler:
Been real into Nevermore the last couple of days... I've always liked them but the only albums I had previously listened to were Enemies of Reality and Obsidian Conspiracy. Found a copy of Dead Heart in a Dead World at the music store yesterday... its so fucking good. As for their genre, I think most people consider them progressive, but they have a lot of elements of power metal and other genres.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The song that first got me into Nevermore from Enemies of Reality
Spoiler:
Zaff wrote...
Been real into Nevermore the last couple of days... I've always liked them but the only albums I had previously listened to were Enemies of Reality and Obsidian Conspiracy. Found a copy of Dead Heart in a Dead World at the music store yesterday... its so fucking good. As for their genre, I think most people consider them progressive, but they have a lot of elements of power metal and other genres.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The song that first got me into Nevermore from Enemies of Reality
Spoiler:

YES! Dead Heart in a Dead World is an amazing album. Narcosynthesis and The Heart Collector are two more awesome tracks to die for in that album

If you're interested in more stuff by Warrel Dane, you should really give Sanctuary a listen if you haven't yet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Classic American power metal. I really believe it doesn't get better than this.
artcellrox The Grey Knight :y
I'll just leave this here. >->

https://www.fakku.net/forums/music/djent-and-similar-progressive-bands-updated
Some more things some of y'all may find interesting.

The Interbeing - Shadow Drift

Spoiler:

These guys are a mix of so called modern metal, industrial metal and metalcore. A really solid band worth the listen. Hopefully they come out with another album relatively soon.

Next up is;

Ouroboros - Disembodied Mind

Spoiler:

Mix of Trash and Technical Death Metal. This is a fantastically talented band with good everything, vocals, drums, and the riffs are catchy as well. This proves that Australia can make good metal.

And since doom metal was brought up earlier:

Swallow the Sun - The Justice of Suffering. (Clean vocals are done by guest Jonas Renkse from Katatonia to boot!)

Spoiler:

This band is my favorite as far as the doom metal scene is concerned. They occasionally throw in some death metal elements, which may explain why I like them so much. You get basically what you expect from a band of this genre, viciously deep growls, slower riffs and drumming, as well as the ever so dark lyrics. (Forgive the quality, it was the best I could find.)
Here's an album of awesome old school fashion Doom/Psy/Stoner-sumthingsumthing (Because fuck genres.) by Samsara Blues Experiment

I actually just wanted the song that starts at 43:43 but I couldn't find a version that wasn't split up on Jewtube (That song is the remaining 22 minutes of the album.) So fuck that, here's the entire album.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/U4ZzJIvv7Es.*?[/youtube]

Track list:
Spoiler:
[size=13]00:00[/h] - Singata Mystic Queen
[size=13]11:36[/h] - Army Of Ignorance
[size=13]16:11[/h] - For The Lost Souls
[size=13]26:08[/h] - Center Of The Sun
[size=13]39:16[/h] - Wheel Of Life
[size=13]43:43[/h] - Double Freedom

I actually started listening to these guys for 'real' a couple of weeks back. I've had a few songs of theirs on my playlist and always thought they were good and all. Then I heard Double Freedom and realized that boy, have I been missing out.
Pages 1234Next