Do you mind the use of slang/improper contractions in hentai

Do you mind the use of slang and/or improper contractions like "what're" in hentai?

Total Votes : 5,139
qb wat r u doin? (WAHAH, see what I did there?)

Yes, I think they should use proper grammar. It is kinda annoying to read slang in my opinion.
As long as it's true to the original dialogue, I don't mind slang and in fact sometimes prefer it since using slang correctly can sound more "natural." If the character is written to speak with a distinctive accent/vocabulary (e.g. Kansai dialect) or very casually (not using -san or "polite" phrasing), then it makes sense to try and convey that in the translation. I do get annoyed by textspeak in dialogue ("r u there" etc.) though.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
I don't care... neither should you 2d fappers who jack it to hentai. DOES THE GRAMMAR AND SLANG BOTHER YOUR STOKING?
As long as grammar is not like drunken Urta from CoC I'm okay. :D
half of english people online can't spell anyways so why should translators have to bother being proper?
I find it kinda annoying. I mean if you're going to translate, you might as well do it right. But I'm not going to bitch though. I mean a prefer a translated doujin with a few mistakes than no doujin at all.
Yeah, this really shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes it can bring out more in a character.
i dont really mind grammatic or spelling errors as long as the mai thought is there and the visual usually shows what the character has to say
I don't mind some casual language if the person is casual. I blow my top all the time when reading awful butchering of apostrophes and proper grammar (proofread!), but when I'm writing and speaking, I use "what'cha"/"whatcha" et alii frequently in informal situations.

Now, slurring S sounds to SH because someone is "fucked silly" is irritating.
Snoop Lion*
PorygonPowah Genuine Lumberjack
If it's for a character trait, then fine, but it's just just casually, no. Hell no.
Everyone should talk like Snoop Dog in hentai.
It bothers me under certain circumstances. If it is how the character is meant to talk, then no. If it is because someone is being a lazy tit, then yes.

Or if the character whom speaks that way has a ton of dialogue. Only because it starts to hurt to read.

I can kind of petty like that.
Don't really mind aslong as they don't go overboard
I like translations the best when they're gramatically correct, however if the characters speak in a fast-ish way in the raw It is best to translate it with "what're" (or something like that)
WitnessX Starship Captain
If the slang fits, no, I don't mind it.

That being said, reading hentai translated to Snoop-speak might be funny...
There are worse things that can be translated.

Besides, everyone learn english?

Anime will never be the same.
If done properly it can add a lot of flavor to characters that would otherwise be lost if every spoke 'perfect' English at all times, especially when the character is using Japanese slang or the like in the first place.
Only the characters that have a personality which permits slang usage are fine, but otherwise I'm a grammar freak cuz peepl who typ lyk dis in generl suk ballz.
Slang and accents give a character a sense of authenticity. As long as translators don't get too crazy, it's cool with me.