Do you mind the use of slang/improper contractions in hentai

Do you mind the use of slang and/or improper contractions like "what're" in hentai?

Total Votes : 5,139
FoolyDooly Bought With Mastercard
[color=red]What's wrong with Snoop?[/color]
I don't mind slang in hentai. I mean, as far as I know it's how ordinary people talk to each other in English-speaking countries, so making ordinary fictional people talk like that seems appropriate. Of course, when it's overused or a prim and proper character talks like that, it's not really good.
i would like to see more raw subs to be honest
[color=darkblue][/color]
As long they don't overeact I think is ok..
Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if all the characters ended up talking like Snoop Dogg. In fact, if there was a doujin that featured Snoop Dogg, I'd start looking for it right away.
It would depend on the situation.
If the original Japanese is in polite form, do the proper, non-abbreviated, no-slang translation.
If it's not then go ahead.
A little slang is fine. Just keep it simple and to a minimal and everything is fine by me. A little slang can go a long way.
As long as the original Japanese text has them doing it. I mean, if the regular text says "Greetings, I am pleased to meet you!" and the translator in his infinite douchery writes "Sup, y'all! Whaz happenin', dawgz?" or it started out as "You... it had to be you...!" and ends up as "You spoony bard!" I'm going to be disgusted and disregard the translator as a troll.

But if the text is for a character who's meant to be a delinquent and with a scary face the direct translation is akin to "I will exterminate the lot of you!" and the translator turns it to "I'm gonna kill y'all!" then I don't mind. It's alright if it makes it sound more natural and it fits the character.

I don't want some prim and proper princess talking like Snoop Dog, but Delinquent McBullypants can do it, as long as the translator isn't grossly changing the content of their line.
I usually don't mind minor deviations, but since English is not my native tongue, I try to steer clear of scanlators with an unusually weak grasp on ortography or grammar - it just hinders my understanding, and sitting cluelessly watching a manga panel trying to figure out what the translator might have meant frustrates me to no end. And please don't use Snoop Dog to translate Kansai dialect. I like him, but it's just plain wrong.
Nope, as long as they don't talk like "fo shizzle ma sizzle
yo dizzle ga beezle."
And we all commit mistakes, so it's okay for me to use english slangs.
623 FAKKU QA
It's fine by me. People use slang in everyday speak, so it should follow that it be thrown in occasionally in a translation if it's to sound natural. Context is also important, of course. If the doujin or manga takes place in Sengoku Era or ancient China, then, yeah, for some of the characters it'd make sense to talk completely proper.

Edit: Actually, sometimes I find certain slang just funny and adds to the experience. I was playing a game called Bunny Must Die, and the main character comes across some vampire boss who speaks in, I dunno some European language, and the main character girl says "English plz." I'm not sure what the original said, but that little deviation actually made me laugh a little.
as long as I can understand it its fine
make it sound like snoop dog and we have a problem
sure why not, and as everyone else is saying, the translator shouldn't go overboard with the translations...so far that they even put the liberty to add emoticons to the lines...
"Dude,thats my ass" i dont mind anyways.
As long as it's only minor stuff and not enough to change the meaning that it's trying to convey then it's fine.
welp,just dont over do it...you wont? okay then its fine with me~! (ï¿£^ï¿£)ã‚ž
Grammar Nazis Unite! (Don't hate me please ;u;)
It's Snoop Lion now.
Snoop Dogg Hentai?

Forum Image: http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/489/503/cf6.png
It would be really weird (possibly hilarious) if someone speaks proper while having sex, using slang actually helps more in the fapping.