Do you mind the use of slang/improper contractions in hentai

Do you mind the use of slang and/or improper contractions like "what're" in hentai?

Total Votes : 5,139
I don't mind slang too much, but if it's used too much it's kind of a turnoff.
Now I must find a translation where every talks like snoop dog
Slang is fine, annoying at times, but whatever.

I have an issue with people who cannot spell properly doing the translations - just takes me out of it if the wrong "there/their/they're" is used or the ever popular "plural nouns need an apostrophe before the s". They don't. It's ten books, not ten book's.
I have no problem with it just don't go crazy with it
I'm a Grammar Nazi, but I'm perfectly fine with the use of slang and colloquialisms.
What I also don't like is how when it's Kansai-ben, the translator goes batshit insane. Like, starts using 'yuh' instead of 'you'. I know you can't exactly translate kansai-ben, but that doesn't mean you can start using hobo language. Personally imo, if it's going to be in english, please use proper english. (Thank fuck I can read Japanese (y) )
Only reason I care is that I put a voice to the character. So unless they normally speak like that I don't really like improper translations. That's just me being stupid and getting to into things. I mean its just hentai. Tho I appreciate all the hard work of anyone who translating them. So thank you to everyone.
As long as it's not a troll subs and as long the translation is accurate, i do not really mind it.
I don't really see how it's that big a deal... In some context it might even work better...
Use proper English, it annoys me greatly if it's not used, to the point of me just changing the script myself. Informal is fine, as in: you're instead of you are, etc.

You get these kids these days writing essays (This is out of context, I know.) using u instead of you and whatnot, no need to add more fuel to the fire.
As long as the translator doesnt go mental with it im fine simply because thats just how people talk
SirDougles Minister of Shitposts
roshan4ever wrote...
I am a nazi grammar and i dont like to guess wath the hell they are triying to say with so much contractions.
[color=olive]everything has a balance[/color]

"I am a Grammar Nazi and I don't like to guess what the hell they are trying to say with all of those ("too many" can work here) contractions."

"Everything has balance (can also say "Balances out", "Finds Balance" or whatever, not sure what you were truly trying to convey here)"

Fixed, but I don't think I can give you a passing grade
Since we can't actually hear the characters speak, their personalities and feelings have to be conveyed through images and written speech patterns. Although, since this is hentai we're speaking of, it doesn't really ever get too in-depth in terms of character development (of course, this is not without exception . . . but what ever is?). Therefore, I doubt we'd see much slang, or anything excessively formal.

However, at times, it may be both important and interesting, for the sake of having a decent story, or at least saving every hentai on the planet from being cookie-cutter stories. If a character actually is speaking in a strange fashion, whatever it may be, I would like to see that. If that's what it says, and it says it in this way, I want to know.

I'd dislike, however, if someone were to turn normal speech into slang just because they're lazy. If it doesn't say that, in that way, don't fuck it up.
What really matters is the source material.
If they used slang in the Japanese version then it should be the same in the English translation.
"Improper contractions" make a lot of sense if we consider the content... if a story is mainly about wild sex you can't expect the most intelligent dialogue or coherent sentences.

Basically my answer is "No". Be tolerant guys.
Some characters are supposed to be talking in slang or with broken pronunciation/grammar. As long as the translate does it only when its needed.
It's kinda annoying but not really TOO annoying.
I wouldn't mind but I would probably start getting annoyed if I saw it all the time.
If it's used in the correct context then it makes the hentai even sexier and easier to immerse into.
I never knew that what're ( what are ) was an improper contraction. Still, used in a normal manner it is perfectly natural.
Really it doesn't matter because even translation can be made up to be a use of imagination again just not too much...
No, I think its fine to use slang in mangas and hentai because nobody actually speaks like a textbook. It makes it more natural if you use slang and it can be use humorously too!