[Saitom] UnisiS & Wrapping

luckydog001 wrote...
From a consumer standpoint it is genuinly exciting to hear that hear quality prints may become more routine, then the standard once a year showcase.

From a fan standpoint it is genuinly exciting that you are giving us the option to purchase high quality works from some of our favorite authors.

Brining over titles from Japan has always been great in my opinion, however the execution of how the goods are presented vs how they were presented in their original format leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's nice to see that the times are slowly changing.

Make no mistake, our normal books are incredibly high quality. As you know, all of our books match the quality of the Japanese release and sometimes even exceed it.

Right now I'm specifically talking about special products that are FAKKU exclusive. Things that we put together ourselves like the saitom box, Bosshi's XXX Mix, and the NaPaTa dakimakura. These never had a Japanese release. The frequency of these types of products will still be fairly rare, but I am happy that this particular one (a box set) was so well received.

In the future I see us doing more collaborations with artists for their doujins like this and compiling them into special editions.
Jacob wrote...
Make no mistake, our normal books are incredibly high quality.

Truly.

Just buy a book from either Eroscomix or Project-H and you'll see the difference immediately.

The fact that Project-H is going back and reprinting most of their Yamatogawa line (their most profitable series) with dust jackets to match Vanilla Essence, I'm sure is in no small part to compete with the quality that Fakku has demonstrated. They surely have taken notice and realize they will have to start reciprocating.
ntfakku Reads & Collects Stuff
Tsuchan wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Truly.

Just buy a book from either Eroscomix or Project-H and you'll see the difference immediately.

The fact that Project-H is going back and reprinting most of their Yamatogawa line (their most profitable series) with dust jackets to match Vanilla Essence, I'm sure is in no small part to compete with the quality that Fakku has demonstrated. They surely have taken notice and realize they will have to start reciprocating.

I will second this statement. I ordered both the original japanese and FAKKU's prints of Naruco Hanaharu's Shoujo Material. When directly comparing both in terms of print quality, I have to say the latter is actually better. The pages are heavier and the tone more leveled. They even went so far as to replicate the frosted transparent illustrated insert instead of using plain paper. Bravo.

I gained a lot of respect for FAKKU when I started comparing their releases to the originals. Also, let's not forget they didn't resort to the ridiculous levels of localization like mainstream publishers do. I'm sure am glad there are no 'Steves' and 'Berthas' in my prints...
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
Jacob wrote...
hardcovers

I have no words...
Forum Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/3gpfkdQIunv5C/giphy.gif
ntfakku wrote...
Tsuchan wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Truly.

I will second this statement. I ordered both the original japanese and FAKKU's prints of Naruco Hanaharu's Shoujo Material. When directly comparing both in terms of print quality, I have to say the latter is actually better. The pages are heavier and the tone more leveled. They even went so far as to replicate the frosted transparent illustrated insert instead of using plain paper. Bravo.

I gained a lot of respect for FAKKU when I started comparing their releases to the originals. Also, let's not forget they didn't resort to the ridiculous levels of localization like mainstream publishers do. I'm sure am glad there are no 'Steves' and 'Berthas' in my prints...

It's too bad that project h has lost the driving force behind them to do things like that. I hope that I'm proven and they continue with better quality product. But I'm slipping off at this point Fakku set the standard vary high from the typesetting to color quality to paper quality we know what to expect and again why i think no matter what we will buy it.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
lostone0083 wrote...
ntfakku wrote...
Tsuchan wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Truly.

It's too bad that project h has lost the driving force behind them to do things like that. I hope that I'm proven and they continue with better quality product.

Vanilla essences and the second prints of Yamatogawa's books don't look too off of the originals. Late as fuck though.
animefreak_usa wrote...
lostone0083 wrote...
ntfakku wrote...
Tsuchan wrote...
Jacob wrote...

Truly.

It's too bad that project h has lost the driving force behind them to do things like that. I hope that I'm proven and they continue with better quality product.

Vanilla essences and the second prints of Yamatogawa's books don't look too off of the originals. Late as fuck though.

yes vary true on that point.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
ntfakku wrote...
The pages are heavier and the tone more leveled. They even went so far as to replicate the frosted transparent illustrated insert instead of using plain paper. Bravo.

I think that book will be pretty iconic for Mike and I for quite a while. We had to learn a lot of new things in order to replicate the book due to it being printed so long ago. He and I did a lot of back and forth to make sure it was just right :)
Cat-ness NekoMancer
GODsHandOnEarth wrote...
Jacob wrote...
hardcovers

I have no words...
Forum Image: https://media.giphy.com/media/3gpfkdQIunv5C/giphy.gif

Hardcover Hanafuda Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/h/[Okama]_Original_Work_-_Hanafuda/thumbs/001.thumb.jpg?f=1422990563

Update: My [Saitom] UnisiS & Wrapping has shipped
I got it just now. What a gorgeous box set! I had no idea. This was definitely worth the money and the almost 2 months that I spent stalking the forums and store multiple times a day, haha. I am very pleased! Hope to see more of these limited sets in the future, as this is definitely the height of my collection at the moment. Thank you, Jacob and Fakku staff. ^^
SushiKitten Resident Catgirl
My set came in yesterday and I am blown away by the quality. Very nice and very well put together. Worth every penny. I love it! Thank you Fakku and Saitom!!
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
Still waiting to get my set in the mail but I'm glad to hear they turned out so well, can't wait!
when all those people already got their stuff and my package didn't even leave the US yet. :/
Shiroyama Homonculus' Groupie
djmeg wrote...
when all those people already got their stuff and my package didn't even leave the US yet. :/

I know that feeling. According to my tracking number mines still in LA. It has to cross the Atlantic to reach me in Blighty.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
djmeg wrote...

But at least you will hold your box in your hands eventually, unlike everyone who didn't get one... *cries in the shower*
Got mine. Some parts of the exterior got dented and both the front and back of the case is covered in some strange adhesive. The interior doujinshis are fine due to the plastic wrapping and the protection of the case.

A little disappointed by what I got.
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
Robearification wrote...
Got mine. Some parts of the exterior got dented and both the front and back of the case is covered in some strange adhesive. The interior doujinshis are fine due to the plastic wrapping and the protection of the case.

A little disappointed by what I got.

Can't you receive a replacement box?
Likhos01 wrote...

Already sent a ticket for that.
Robearification wrote...
Likhos01 wrote...

Already sent a ticket for that.

I was just gonna say, go ahead and send a ticket to support and we'll send you a replacement free of charge. Sorry that happened!
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
Robearification wrote...
strange adhesive

Postman couldn't hold it anymore.