[Saitom] UnisiS & Wrapping

Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
coplice wrote...
There is an issue with my order, you guys contacted me first and I replied but nothing since even though I asked for a follow up twice. I would have prefered to not have to ask in the forum for a follow up.

I messaged the appropriate staff directly but they probably can't do anything until Monday when they're in the office. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't feel like you weren't being heard here
Has anyone gotten their replacement outer case yet? I got mine today, but the box itself has a grainy texture and worse color, and I was wondering if anyone else got theirs like that or if its just intentional, like it was hard to make the replacements of the same quality as the original or something like that. I'm just stuck between a damaged good quality box and one that has a grainy texture with its color kind of off.
Hm, now that you mention it and I double checked I can feel/see the texturing you mentioned which is a bit odd, not sure if the slight discoloration is actually happening or if it's because of the texturing(?). The one thing I noticed was the lines aren't as clean as they seem to bleed slightly.

TheEpicFailer wrote...
Has anyone gotten their replacement outer case yet? I got mine today, but the box itself has a grainy texture and worse color, and I was wondering if anyone else got theirs like that or if its just intentional, like it was hard to make the replacements of the same quality as the original or something like that. I'm just stuck between a damaged good quality box and one that has a grainy texture with its color kind of off.
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Brittany wrote...
coplice wrote...
There is an issue with my order, you guys contacted me first and I replied but nothing since even though I asked for a follow up twice. I would have prefered to not have to ask in the forum for a follow up.

I messaged the appropriate staff directly but they probably can't do anything until Monday when they're in the office. I just wanted to let you know so you didn't feel like you weren't being heard here

I also had an issue with my order and haven't heard anything after replying to the initial e-mail I got.
ntfakku Reads & Collects Stuff
Just to compare the original and the replacement, both were taken under identical lighting conditions:

Original:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/ghiegjR.jpg

Replacement:
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/6sRlrmM.jpg

The original is a smoother, finer print. You can clearly see the texturing on the replacement slip case and it is a slight darker print.

I might prefer the original over the replacement, but there is a degree of presentability that defines the textured case that's not unlike the grainy texture of the books. I'm overall pretty happy with the level of service they're willing to go to make us happy, so thanks Jacob and team.

Edit: I also want to add that the slip case arrived very well packaged. It's clear FAKKU has taken our feedback to heart and that the case arrived in an oversized box with plenty of cushioning as well as an outer wrapping of paper to protect against any infiltrating debris (which worked apparently, the wrapping has some slight dark stains but none on the slip case). Well done and thank you.
Yeah got mine today, As you said they did a bit better at overpacking that sucker :D
The 2nd edition of the slipcase is a bit more durable than the 1st to survive shipping. Due to the materials used, that's why it might look a little different.
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Heh. This whole thing with the more durable slipcase... Reminds me, back in the day: comics publisher Avatar used to use a printer that used this organic ink. Gave their books a very distinct smell. But the binding... it sucked. They'd fall apart with repeat reading. The switched printers and everyone was all, "Yes, now my copy of Warren Ellis' Strange Kiss won't fall apart... but I do miss that Avatar smell..."

Trade offs. :)
Cat-ness NekoMancer
Wow!!! I don't think I've ever seen anything packed so well, we need to make this a shipping option.

First was a 14x11x9 inch box stuffed solid with paper
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/Sg2DroF.jpg

Second a 13x10x3 inch shipping box
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/myArmsz.jpg

And lastly wrapped in paper then double wrapped in bubble wrap
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/G6YOwku.jpg

I couldn't be happier with my replacement

Thank you Crazy Ben Jacob and the rest of the Fakku! Crew.
chrono01 2D Waifu > 3D Waifu
I'm saddened that I missed out on this. I really need to check these forums more often. :(
chrono01 wrote...
I'm saddened that I missed out on this. I really need to check these forums more often. :(

Seconded. :(
i received my replacements today

this time the books where more protected than alcatraz!
really good packing

Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/HE4J8Ho.jpg
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/fJRBUzH.jpg
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/JAn5SVx.jpg
Since replacements are (or were) possible, any chance for a reprint of this? I know there are many here who'd love a second chance at these, but I realize such a thing might not be possible.
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
chrono01 wrote...
Since replacements are (or were) possible, any chance for a reprint of this? I know there are many here who'd love a second chance at these, but I realize such a thing might not be possible.

From the last time I checked, we currently don't have any plans to print more, sorry!
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Reprinting defeats the purpose of limited con items. We're lucky if we can get the few that the store sold. I don't have one... didn't want one.
Tsujoi wrote...
chrono01 wrote...

From the last time I checked, we currently don't have any plans to print more, sorry!

Thanks for update, I appreciate it!

I guess I'll keep a closer watch on the forums for future limited releases. I must make sure I don't miss the next one! :)

animefreak_usa wrote...
Reprinting defeats the purpose of limited con items. We're lucky if we can get the few that the store sold. I don't have one... didn't want one.

True enough.

It still doesn't make me want it any less, but I can understand/respect the limited nature of it.
Dang, that box set looks gorgeous. I'd really love a reprint to get my hands on one, but it looks like, according to the post a few posts up, there are no plans to make any more as of now. Maybe a standard edition could be considered, though?
hub0083 Carthago delenda est
エロカワ wrote...
Maybe a standard edition could be considered, though?

You can buy the digital version from the store. Worth it if you're a Saitom fan (or just like great artwork).
I wanted to post one last time in this thread about the physical edition of the Saitom Box.

As some of you know we oversold the physical set and a few of you were impacted. A few users were unable to get the physical edition of the saitom box despite being able to order it, we do not plan to reprint the set at this time (though we may in the future). If you were one of those impacted you should have received a complete refund for the saitom physical set and had a free one year subscription to FAKKU added to your account. Hopefully that makes up for this mistake on our part.

If you haven't heard from us, or you were waiting on something related to the saitom box, please send an email to support@fakku.net so we can make sure you're taken care of.
Smuggins Just Some Guy
Jacob wrote...
we do not plan to reprint the set at this time (though we may in the future).

Can I vote for the future reprint? That would be awesome. I picked up the digital and it just made me want a physical all the more. Can I vote with my wallet somehow?