How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

How do you handle anime/manga adaptations?

Total Votes : 2,914
I usually read the manga after watching an anime series
623 FAKKU QA
It's more of a mixed bag for me. Sometimes I'll start an anime then become interested in reading the manga (ex. Mirai Nikki--finished the manga before the anime finished airing), but then sometimes I'll watch an anime afterwards (ex. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro--read the manga, liked it, saw the anime).
i watch the anime first and when that ends i read the manga to continue the story
I will end up reading/watching both eventually. Depends on what mood I am in at the time will determine which I read/watch first.
I usually read a manga AFTER I have seen the anime. However there are times its the other way :)
Can't wait for next month, a manga I have been reading will be turned into an anime. For anyone who wants a good laugh read this XD

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/its_not_my_fault_that_im_not_popular/
It mostly depends on how i find out about certain anime. I found out about Naruto through the anime so i watched that first and then read the manga but for Deadman Wonderland the opposite happened. I don't read manga for every anime i watch though and vice versa.
I usually won't read the manga and watch the anime, but if I have time, i'll probably read the manga.
If I really want more, I'll read the manga afterwards, not usually though
I usually watch the anime first then read the manga, I find it cuts down on fanboy rage when I do that.
theres is so much mangas wihout an anime adaptation,waiting for Watamote! yay~
Usually if is obvious that the story continues after the anime ends I read the manga or LN or if it's commented that the source material is superior or if I cba to wait until next week to know what happens. For example: When on the 3rd episode of SAO I went and read the LNs, and I have to say that they are vastly superior to the anime + the story continues with like 4 times the content the anime currently has.
Usually I read the hentai, watch the anime, read the manga.

Kinda ass backwards I'm sure, but it works for me.
hard thing to say sometimes i read the manga before he get an animeadaptation sometimes i watch the anime and then read the manga so i really can't say
If the anime is interesting enough, I will go through all the manga it has available.

Afterwards, I skim through the anime to compare to the manga. Reading the manga first has it's ups and downs.
Can we get a choice for "Watch the Abridged series only?"
Depends on the series.

Usually, I first watch an anime, and if I really like it, I also read the manga to it. The other way round is rather seldom for me.
Tsamari C.E.O of Pancakes
I always watch the anime 1st and if i really like the anime i will read the manga.
I only read manga after watching the anime. There are some exceptions though, and I have to admit that most anime come from their manga counterparts, which often make them better.
I usually only watch anime, however if the story really grasped me and there is more material I'll read up gladly. But I still read manga every once and a while, I follow a few of my favorite manga (Blade Play, Himizu, Berserk and The World God Only Knows) but besides that I only read for the reason stated above or if there isn't an anime adaptation and the work is supposedly great.
I can't stand reading the manga first. 98% of the time it is so much better than the anime that I don't want to torture myself by forcing myself to watch the show adaptation.